Clover's Field

I signed up to post on a blog and got my own. Who knows where this may lead?

Dating

Free Online Dating from JustSayHi

Thursday, December 29, 2005

So, an Update

A belated update on the Great Stove Saga...

The final result had me and Imp...-2 40something females- out in the dark and cold, slipping on old ice/snow running copper tubing along our house as we did the stove installation ourselves, at least as far as the tank. Many thanks to the nice people at Lowes that told Imp... what she had to buy and what to do. We got to the cut-off valve in the kitchen and found we had the wrong size, so we did not complete the job until Thursday, and the propane guy was by maybe an hour after we called to do the final hook-up to the tank and test the system. We then finished hooking the stove to the line and changing the burners over from gas to propane.
Now it is time for the test...nada. The electode is going "sput..sput..sput..", but no flame. Imp... says, "did you turn on the valve behind the drawer in the stove?" Noooo, I thought she had. AHA! We turn on the valve. Nada. We are having an "Oh Shit" moment when my glance falls upon the cut off at the wall. "It might help if we turn the gas on from the tank, too", says I. Boy we felt like idiots. But now we had flame at the burners.

I immediately cooked up some smoked sausage and potatoes for lunch, leaving Imp to convert the oven over since I had to get to work. When I left, she was having no luck getting it to light. Well, later she calls me. She has achieved flame at the broiler, but it needs a bit of adjustment, since the flames should be 1". So I ask what size flames she has. Oh, about 8". Eeep! Turned out the instructions to set air flow were backwards, and this was the problem. But Imp... baked cookies to test things, and they were perfect.

So I had a stove for Christmas after all, and my dinner came out to perfection, with all and sundry drooling at my turkey, which was tender, moist, and succulent if I do say so myself. Even the 6 year old was like, "oh wow" when I got it out of the oven. When folks have asked me how my Christmas was, I tell them I got a new toy and played with it about 12 hours on Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home